Join Dan Violet Sagmiller for an in-depth discussion in this video AI controller, part of Build a Real-Time Strategy Game with Unity 5.
- [Voiceover] Now we'll get into the AI.…There are a lot of AI options for games.…Behavior trees, decision trees,…and state machines to name a few.…I'm going to use a weighted or sorted listed.…Basically, each possible AI decision will return a value…of how important it is that you let it run.…Then, you take the highest value and execute it.…That just leaves two things to figure out.…How much is the AI worth and what does the AI do?…The AI should also be designer configurable,…meaning that you can change the structure of…the AI's decisions without going into the code.…
Let's start building the basic architecture and I'll…explain more about how the different parts work.…To do this, in the scripts folder, I'm going to…right click and create a new folder.…I'll call this AI.…In the AI folder, I'm going to create two classes.…Let's go edit AI behavior.…In the AI behavior, I'm not going to need either of these…methods so I'm going to delete them.…Additionally, I'm going to make this an abstract class.…So primarily, it's just going to define…
AuthorDan Violet Sagmiller
- Adding player positions and start info
- Loading prebuilt levels
- Adding camera moves
- Adding a unit
- Supporting navigation
- Adding unit owners and player objects
- Importing and setting up a HUD map
- Adding unit info and credits
- Creating HUD actions
- Building a command base
- Adding artificial intelligence
- Adding battle actions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Initial Setup
2. Adding a Unit
3. Navigation Mesh
4. Unit Owner
5. HUD Map
6. Unit Info & Credits
7. HUD Actions
8. Command Base
9. Base AI
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.