Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with cameras and layers, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
Now that we've seen how we can control camera draw order, let's take it one step…further and find out how layers work.…Layers are similar to Tags in that they are an ID system, but we use layers…mainly with lights and cameras.…Let's go ahead and select Camera2 again, and we'll set its Normalized view Port…Rect X and Y back to zero, and the W and H back to one.…In the Scene view, let's use Align view to select it, GameObject > Align View to select it.…
Now let's create a cube and scale it up so it takes up about a quarter of the…view, GameObject > CreateOther > Cube, and I'm going to scale it until it takes…up about that much room.…Now we're going to make a Cube layer to put it in.…At the top of the Inspector click the layers button and choose Edit layers.…Below the Tags array we can see the layers.…The first eight--and it started at 0, remember--are used for Unity predefined layers.…
Select layer number eight, and we'll name her layer Cube.…As soon as we click in this area we'll find the text entry area, Cube and Enter.…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.