Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using render textures for spy cams, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
Now that something is running around in the scene besides the player, we have a…good excuse to try render to texture, another pro feature.…Let's start by importing the monitor station package into the scene.…Right-click > Import Package > Custom Package > 14-03 > Assets, and we are…bringing in MonitorStation. Open and Import.…
From the Prefabs folder, we can bring the new Camera Stairwell into the…Hierarchy view and the MonitorStation.…The camera is positioned to watch one of the stairwells, so we will be able to…watch the character as he goes past.…If I select it, the view is pretty dark that you can see that it's looking at a stairway.…Next, we will need to set up the render texture.…To do that, right-click > Create, and we want to choose Render Texture.…
We are going to name this one Stairwell Texture. [00:01:011.83] And I am going to drag it into the Textures folder.…Next we need to select the Camera Stairwell and drag our new texture into its target texture field.…And then we will need a material, and we can do that quickly by creating a…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.