Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Tracking objects with LookAt, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
With the addition of the Sentry Gun in the CompoundExtras, we'll be able to…check out a few more popular features with our scripting.…Crucial for any interaction between player and other entities is the ability for…them to see the player when he comes within range.…We're going to set up the Sentry Gun so we script it to turn to face the player.…It will need some changes in the colliders, plus a Rigidbody.…So let's import the Better Extras Package and use the Prefab from it.…It's already set up for us.…So right-click, Import Package > Custom Package > Assets > Better Extras, and we'll…click Open and Import.…
We've also got a few other new Prefabs, we'll look at those later.…Now let's focus in on the Sentry Tripod in the CompoundExtras folder, and I'm…going to rotate my view a little bit, and then from the Prefabs folder we are…going to bring SentryGunGroup into the scene.…
And we can use Move To View to match it up to the original.…We'll need to drop it down a little bit, and now we can delete our original…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.