Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the terrain geometry, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
Let's continue with MyFirstProject.…We're going to be using the Terrain Editor in this chapter, so let's go ahead…and make a new scene in the project.…From the File menu, select New Scene. And next we're going to go ahead and save…our scene: Save Scene As.…We're going to name this scene TerrainTest. Enter.…And we'll let it save in the default location.…
So now here's our new scene, TerrainTest, and our original Scene, MyFirstScene.…And if you didn't notice it before, it's now pretty clear that the Project view…is always listed alphabetically.…As you create your game, it will be up to you to keep your assets organized,…so let's get started by creating a folder just for scenes.…If we right-click in the Project view we can bring up the Create menu, and…we're going to create a folder.…
So let's name this new folder Scenes.…Now we can drag our two scenes into the folder.…Okay, let's make a terrain.…From the Terrain menu, select Create Terrain, select the terrain in the Hierarchy…view, and then let's find or focus it by double-clicking on it.…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.