Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting AI pathfinding, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
As a reward for all of our efforts, let's take a peek into AI pathfinding next.…AI pathfinding is a pro-only feature and one of my favorites.…It's not a silver bullet, there's still some scripting involved, but it's seriously cool.…Let's start by opening the main level and focusing in on one of the objects…in the compound area.…I'm going to open up CompoundExtras, and I'll focus in on the Barrel.…Use Alt, left mouse, and then I'm going to zoom out, and then I'm going to…select the First person controller, and we'll move him into the area as well.…
GameObject > Move To View.…And now I want to move him back, and I'm going to rotate him until he has a…good view of the steps. That should do it.…In my Scene view, I want to arrange it so I can see both the front steps and the rooftop.…We start the AI pathfinding by setting up the Nav Mesh.…
Those are the surfaces that the agents are allowed to move on.…Let's open the Navigation tab from the Windows menu.…The first thing we need to do is make sure that the buildings, both inner and…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.