Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Sending messages, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
The last thing we'll do with the projectile for a while is to send a message to the hit object.…For that, we'll be using the SendMessage function.…It calls a function on another object's script.…This will enable us to go about getting rid of that door in the second barrier,…door solid, and we'll be doing that using SendMessage.…Let's go ahead and open our ProjectHandler script again.…We'll need to add one line inside the if collision section--two if we count the comment.…
I'm going to go out and get them from Code_Snippets. From the exercise files…folder/Ch05/05-07, I'll open my Code _Snippets. We want this whole first…section here. Right-click and copy and tab back to the Script Editor.…So this one needs to be inside and right about here, and we no longer need our…print line, so I'm just going to take it out as well.…And I'll Ctrl+V to paste my new code into it.…
We haven't used this for a while, but it's an ideal time to click the…right-click menu and choose Indent Selection. It keeps it tidier.…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.