Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Printing to the console, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
Okay, I think it's time to make something happen.…We are going to add a command to print something out to the Console.…So let's open our VariablesTest script again, and we can double-click it from the…Project view or we could open it from the Inspector.…In the Start function between the curly brackets, give yourself a couple of line…feeds, and this is just for cosmetic purposes.…And now I am going to go out to my Snippets file and copy the first line…Exercise Files/Ch04/04-06, and I am going to open the Code_Snippets.…
And here is my first line, so I'll copy it, and we'll pop back into the Script Editor.…Now I can paste it inside my Start function.…This line prints a message to the Unity Console. Let's go ahead and try it.…Save the script and we'll minimize. And we've already got our script on two…objects, so I am going to click play and watch down at the bottom.…
On our Status line, we can see the message.…If we click it, we can open the Console, and we see it twice.…That's because we have the same script on both the Cube and the Sphere.…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.