Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Keyframing events, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
So, we've got a couple of power-ups working, but they are looking a little sparse…despite our animations.…It would be much cooler to have maybe a particle system explode at an opportune…moment during the timeline. Well, guess what. We can do that.…Before we go any further, though, let's go ahead and import a new package,…right-click, Import Package > Custom Package and from our Assets folder, we're…going to bring in Soap Bubbles 1 Shot, Open and then Import.…
In our Prefab, there they are, Soap Bubbles 1 Shot.…Now let's go ahead and open up our PowerUp script and add the ability to…instantiate a particle system or any other Prefab.…Double-click, we're going to need to make this functionality in its own…function, and we'll name it SpecialEvent.…I'm going to go out to my Snippets file, and get the code,…Exercise Files10/10-06/Snippets, and we're going to start with our empty SpecialEvent function.…
Right-click, copy, and we'll add it below our OnTriggerEnter function.…Inside it, also from the Snippets file, we're going to instantiate our object.…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.