Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing skinned meshes, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
So now that we've covered the basics of native keyframed animation, it's time to…look at imported animation.…Let's start by selecting the Imported Assets folder, and then import the…Lenny.FBX file with Import New Asset.…Imported Assets, right-click, Import New Asset, and in our Assets folder, here…is Lenny, and we'll import.…Let's drag Lenny into the Scene view from the Imported Assets folder.…Now we'll focus on the Heart and select Lenny and use Move To View to bring him in line.…
If we move him aside and zoom in, we'll notice that he is pretty small.…Let's select him back in the Imported Assets folder again, and change his import Scale Factor to 0.08.…Notice we're not generating colliders, but we've made a change, so let's click Apply.…Now, we can rotate him 90 degrees on the Y, and he is in line with the rest of our power-ups.…I'm going to zoom out, then I'll go ahead and move them up above the upper ramp.…
Let's click Play and watch his animation, and exit Play mode.…If the teeth didn't clue you in before, by now, we can see he is a threat to our…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.