Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing an animated character, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
Let's start by importing the Platform Character package into the project.…Right-click, Import Package > Custom Package, and from 11-05/Assets, we're…going to bring in PlatformCharacter. And we click Open, and Import.…From the Prefabs folder, let's go ahead and drag our PlatformCharacter into the scene.…And here he is right here, and I'm going to drag him right on top of our platform.…
He is just a simple character I made with the CAT tools in 3ds Max.…Let's check out his import settings.…In the Imported Assets folder, Select CAT2, and let's see what we've got.…Under Animations, Store in Root, and I've already given him an idle, walk, jump, and run clip.…The Third-person controller didn't suit our needs, so let's see what we can get…if we use the platform input controller script to move this guy around.…
This time, let's get our script from a different location, Component > Character > Platform Input Controller.…This one can also be found in the Standard Assets folder.…In the Inspector we brought in the Platform Input Controller, but it also loaded…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.