Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring water effects, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
We've made the area beyond the nature zone more interesting with fire, so now…let's go back the other direction and add water to the nature area.…We're going to bring in the Water Packages for pro and basic, so we can check…out the differences.…The pro version makes use of reflection and refraction for some spectacular results.…The basic version is pretty sad, so in a later video we'll also look into a…better version of it in case you want to lower resource using version of water.…Let's import both the Water Packages, right-click, Import Package, and we'll…start with Water Basic, Import.…
And we'll repeat Import Package, Water (Pro Only), Import.…We'll find them both in the Standard Assets folder near the bottom.…Let's start by focusing in on the Fountain and move the first-person controller…to it using Move To View.…So we select the first-person controller, GameObject > Move To View, and we'll…double-click on him to zoom in closer.…
I am going to use my Alt key, spin around a little bit, and then we'll move him…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.