Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring shadows, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
If you're using Pro, you'll be able to test out Shadow Types, hard or soft shadows.…Click play and select the BigTree and use Move To View to get it over to the compound.…Click play. We'll select the BigTree. We're going to use Move To View to get into the compound.…It doesn't really matter where it ends up, we're just looking for the shadow.…So now activate the WindZone in the Hierarchy panel, and let's deactivate the…Audio Source for a minute.…
Let's select Generic Light and test the difference between hard and soft shadows.…Under Shadow Type I'm going to select Hard Shadows, and now we can see our…dynamic shadows in the viewports. And then I'll switch to Soft Shadows.…Okay, let's exit Play mode and continue with shadows.…Let's turn our Generic Light back into a Point light, and increase its range…and intensity a bit.…So we'll turn it to and a Point light, and let's increase its intensity a…little, and check its Range. That's probably pretty good.…
Let's set our Shadow Type back to Soft Shadows, and we'll see a warning…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.