Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring rotation and time functions, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
You are probably ready to see a bit more action by now.…Transforms, move, rotate and scale are the basis of a lot of game action,…so we'll start there.…Since we'll finally be interacting with the Game window, make sure you're…already in the 2 x 3 layout.…Now we'll go ahead and set the Cube at 0, 0, 0.…So we'll select the Cube and in the Inspector, click, type 0, click, type 0, and one more 0.…
Now let's focus in on the Cube, and we can double-click it to bring it into the…view. And then we need to get the Main Camera looking at it by selecting the…Camera and from the GameObject view clicking Align With View.…With only ambient lighting, it's pretty hard to see our cube,…so let's go ahead and add a directional light while we're at it: GameObject >…Create Other > Directional Light.…We can rotate the light until our cube shows up nicely in the Game view.…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.