Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring controls, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
In the previous video we started looking into the GUI skin to tweak the various…controls or GUI elements.…We got as far as the ones that have to do with fonts.…If we look at the top of the new GUI skin, we can see that it uses Arial for the font.…So let's select it, and in the Inspector up at the top we see Arial.…Furthermore, it's pulling that straight off the operating system, so there are…things that we can do to it and things that we can't. Continuing in our GUI test…scene, let's go ahead and open the GUI script again and make a few more changes.…
Open our UnityGUI script, double-click, and I want to copy my someText variable,…right-click, Copy, and replace the text that I had in my original button, right-click and Paste.…So we can save our script and head back to the editor.…I am going to go ahead and put the button copy texture into the button's normal background.…
New GUISkin, button, Normal, Background, and I'll put my button copy into it.…Click Play so we can see our GUI controls. Let's start by adjusting the font size.…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.