Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating transparency, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
Let's add another power-up, the key.…Go ahead and drag the key Prefab into the Hierarchy view next to the…Heart, Prefabs, Key.…I'm going to drop it near the heart, so I can make sure it's going to be lined…up with platforms, and then I can go ahead and move it over, according to the…Game Window, I'm not, so I'm going to go ahead and go into perspective or maybe…even top view, and move it into place.…
And then I'll switch back to my right view, by clicking on the Scene gizmo. There we go!…So now we have a new power-up, and it already has some animation clips added…to it, but we're going to try something that ought to be easy but has a catch to it.…We're going to have this guy fade out on score, so let's start by opening the…Animation View and check out its Key spin animation.…Window, Animation, and it's already set to the Key spin clip, so let's…click Play and watch it.…
And you can see it goes around, and we'll check out its key spin animation.…It's pretty straightforward.…Now let's select the keyscore clip and watch its animation.…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.