Advanced Unity 3D Game Programming
Unity is the number one game engine, the favorite of game developers working on iOS apps and console games alike. This course picks up the programming side of Unity, continuing where our other Unity courses leave off. Michael House concentrates on scripting, custom GUI controls, prefab customization, multiplayer networking features like chat, and optimizations that will make your game play better on mobile devices and desktops alike. Take a deep dive into Unity's controls and learn how to build more interactive, high-performance 3D games.
NOTE: This course requires Unity 4.5.5. The newer versions of Unity have done away with the GUI system used in this course, so the interfaces included for many of the scenes will not work with 4.6 and higher. You can download Unity 4.5.5 at http://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive.
- Enabling/disabling with scripts
- Translating, rotating, and scaling objects with scripts
- Working with mouse and keyboard input
- Creating custom GUI controls like progress bars
- Loading assets with scripts
- Saving games
- Creating prefabs dynamically
- Making remote procedure calls
- Synchronizing object transforms
- Finding slow code
- Optimizing data access
- Extending the editor
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Michael House, and welcome to Advanced Unity 3D Game Programming. In this course, we'll look at how to bring our game to life using the C# programming language in Unity Scripts. I'll start by showing you how to create basic scripts and use the debugger. Then we'll create a custom pre-fab system to allow end-users to mod your game. Next, we'll create procedurally generated Voxel Terrain landscapes. Finally, I'll show you how to implement a number of common game development algorithms in Unity and techniques for optimizing your game. We'll be covering all of these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques.
Now let's get started with Advance Unity 3D Game Programming.
Rhino: Learn Basic Jewelry Modeling17,265 Views
Designing an Infographic234,691 Views
Computer Security and Internet Safety Fundamentals223,679 Views
AutoCAD: Plotting & Publishing17,244 Views
Up and Running with Ember.js111,763 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training514,144 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training827,256 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,447,213 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,003 Views