- View Offline
NOTE: This course requires Unity 4.5.5. The newer versions of Unity have done away with the GUI system used in this course, so the interfaces included for many of the scenes will not work with 4.6 and higher. You can download Unity 4.5.5 at http://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive.
- Enabling/disabling with scripts
- Translating, rotating, and scaling objects with scripts
- Working with mouse and keyboard input
- Creating custom GUI controls like progress bars
- Loading assets with scripts
- Saving games
- Creating prefabs dynamically
- Making remote procedure calls
- Synchronizing object transforms
- Finding slow code
- Optimizing data access
- Extending the editor
Skill Level Advanced
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Michael House, and welcome to Advanced Unity 3D Game Programming. In this course, we'll look at how to bring our game to life using the C# programming language in Unity Scripts. I'll start by showing you how to create basic scripts and use the debugger. Then we'll create a custom pre-fab system to allow end-users to mod your game. Next, we'll create procedurally generated Voxel Terrain landscapes. Finally, I'll show you how to implement a number of common game development algorithms in Unity and techniques for optimizing your game. We'll be covering all of these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques.
Now let's get started with Advance Unity 3D Game Programming.