Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding sun, sky, and fog, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
Let's add a few more important things to our test scene.…So far, we've added lots of trees and detail meshes to the environment.…And while that's pretty empowering, it still doesn't look as good as it should.…The addition of a light to the scene will make things look much better.…We'll be adding a directional light to our scene.…Directional lights emit rays that are parallel to each other.…They're not location-dependent so will light the scene equally wherever they are.…From the GameObject menu, Create Other, let's create a directional light.…
To see the light's effect in the Scene view, we need to have the Toggle Scene…Lighting button turned on.…Mine is, but yours might not be.…So let's double-check. And there we go!…Now, we can rotate the light until we like the effect.…I'm going to zoom out a little bit first, and then I'll switch over to Rotate.…And as I rotate the light, you can see it has an effect on the scene.…I'm going to use that one.…
If I switch over to Move and switch to Global, you can see that we can pull the…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.