Join Sue Blackman for an in-depth discussion in this video Activating the character animation, part of Unity 3D: 3.5 Essential Training.
Next we'll add at least a little bit of animation to our character.…From the exercise files folder for this video, let's import the…CharacterMotorAnimation script into the scene.…We can do that with Import New Asset, and let's make sure we add it to the Game Scripts folder.…Right-click, Import New Asset, and we need to get to 11-06/Assets, and here it…is, CharacterMotorAnimation, and we'll Import.…
And now we can go ahead and drag it onto the PlatformCharacter.…Select him and at the bottom of the Inspector we'll notice that it looks very…much like the Third-person controller.…We'll need to add each of these animations into the proper slots.…Let's click on the browser and see if we can find the Idle Animation.…Well, it turns out we've got a couple to choose from.…So this is one of those times when you better off to select it this way.…Click on it here, and now we know which one it is, and we can drag it into the idle.…
Go for the walk. It selects it.…It looks like we'll be pretty safe to go this way, walk, jump, and run.…
- Understanding game and level design theory
- Organizing your project in Unity
- Creating and transforming objects
- Setting up the geometry
- Painting in terrain, textures, and trees
- Adjusting the render settings
- Importing terrains
- Creating a first-person controller
- Creating materials and shaders
- Lighting the game
- Working with cameras and multiple views
- Animating characters and assets
- Creating fire with particle systems
- Managing the GUI (graphical user interface)
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring Unity 3D
2. Exploring the Terrain Editor
3. Creating the Environment
Publishing project settings3m 37s
4. Introducing Unity Scripting
5. In-Game Scripting
6. Working with GameObjects and Components
7. Exploring Prefabs
8. Using Imported Assets
9. Understanding Lighting
10. Keyframing Animation
11. Animating Skinned Meshes and Controlling Characters
12. Working with Cameras and Layers
13. Creating Game GUIs
14. Extra Techniques and Features
What's next1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.