Create an "endless runner" style 2D game in Unity 5, while learning the basics of object pooling, supporting multiple screen resolutions, tracking scoring, and multi-platform publishing.
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Jesse Freeman. And welcome to my unity 5 2D essential training course. In this course, we're gonna build an endless runner. This game is gonna teach you the fundamentals of building a 2D gaming unity. And it will also be scalable, so that when you're done with the course you can change the artwork out and build your own endless runner. We'll learn how to work with sprites. How to use unity 5's texture packer. How to build repeatable textures and make them scroll. We'll talk about object pooling, building a player and making them jump.
We'll also add UI using unity's new custom UI components. We'll keep track of score and how to save the high score between gameplay and unity 5. And now, let's get started with unity 5 2D essential training.
Super Zombie Runner riffs off the popular endless runner genre: a one-button casual game that's not only fun to play but exciting to build. The focus of the work is a reusable code base that you can extend and make your own, while learning the basics of object pooling, supporting multiple screen resolutions, tracking scoring, and multi-platform publishing. Along the way, Jesse covers key Unity features, such as working with sprites, creating animations, and leveraging the UI components.
- Working with sprites and animation
- Creating the player
- Spawning GameObjects
- Adding obstacles and collisions
- Building the game objects and logic
- Managing game state
- Creating pixel-perfect cameras
- Designing for multiple screen resolutions
- Adding scores
- Optimizing performance
- Publishing to desktop, web, and mobile platforms
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Sprites
2. Creating Repeating Textures
3. Creating Obstacles
4. Object Pooling
5. Creating the Player
6. Setting Up the Game
7. Adding UI
8. Creating More Obstacles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.