Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Unity 5: 2D Emulate Palette Swapping for Sprites.
- [Voiceover] If you're a member of lynda.com, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. The folder is organized into an artwork folder where the art we'll be using is broken out for you and then each of the chapters have subfolders with a Unity project inside of there for you to run. This course was originally built with an older version of Unity 5. From time to time, new releases of Unity require you to upgrade the project. This course has been updated to the latest public version of Unity, which is 5.3.4f1 as of this recording.
You'll need the latest version of Unity or above to run this project. If you run into any problems, you can always download older versions of Unity from the website archive.
- Importing artwork
- Working with sprites and animations
- Creating scriptable objects
- Sampling colors from sprite textures
- Extending Unity and building a custom inspector
- Creating custom textures
- Optimizing the palettes
- Cleaning up sprites in Photoshop