Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Unity 5: 2D Essential Training (2015).
- Thanks for watching my course.…I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did making it.…If you want to learn more, check out the following courses.…Scripting Unity with C# with Kelley Hecker,…this is a great course if you want to take…your C# scripting to the next level.…If you're looking for more advanced code,…check out Advanced Unity 3D Game Programming…with Michael House.…This walks through topics I wasn't able to cover…such as connecting to the debugger…and more advanced scripting.…And finally, if you're looking to learn more…about 3D in Unity, check out…Level Design Basics in Unity with Adam Crespi.…
Thanks, and see you next time.…
Super Zombie Runner riffs off the popular endless runner genre: a one-button casual game that's not only fun to play but exciting to build. The focus of the work is a reusable code base that you can extend and make your own, while learning the basics of object pooling, supporting multiple screen resolutions, tracking scoring, and multi-platform publishing. Along the way, Jesse covers key Unity features, such as working with sprites, creating animations, and leveraging the UI components.
- Working with sprites and animation
- Creating the player
- Spawning GameObjects
- Adding obstacles and collisions
- Building the game objects and logic
- Managing game state
- Creating pixel-perfect cameras
- Designing for multiple screen resolutions
- Adding scores
- Optimizing performance
- Publishing to desktop, web, and mobile platforms
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Sprites
2. Creating Repeating Textures
3. Creating Obstacles
4. Object Pooling
5. Creating the Player
6. Setting Up the Game
7. Adding UI
8. Creating More Obstacles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.