Garrick Chow explains the basic structures of the on-demand economy and the skills and characteristics of successful on-demanders, so you can determine if on-demand work is the right fit for you. Then learn about the time commitment and expectations around pay, what the employer provides, and what one can expect from clients. Garrick then discusses tools to keep you organized, including how to best track income and expenses.
Finally, the course offers tips and tricks and a case study based on the author's firsthand experience as an Uber driver.
- Preparing to work on demand
- Managing expectations from on-demand clients
- Tracking expenses and mileage
- Optimizing your income
- Getting support online
- Case study: Becoming an Uber driver
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow. In this course we'll take a look at how to effectively operate and work within the world of on-demand and sharing services. We'll start by finding out exactly what constitutes an on-demand job and get an introduction and primer to some of the top on-demand job providers today. I'll talk about what you can expect in an on-demand job from the company you're working through and the clients you'll be working with. We'll take a look at some strategies and tools for keeping organized and tracking things like your income, expenses, and mileage.
We'll explore some ways in which you can optimize your income and save money while both on and off the job. And I'll show you how to optimize your LinkedIn profile to highlight the soft skills you'll develop as you work on-demand jobs. So if you've been wondering if on-demand work and the gig economy is right for you, or if you're right for it, let's get started and find out.
Q: This course was updated on 05/26/2017. What changed?
A: A new video was added that explains how to optimize your LinkedIn profile for on-demand work.