Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Starting Your Career in the On-Demand Economy.
- I hope this course has given you a good introduction…of what it's like to work in the on-demand economy,…and that you have a better understanding of both…the benefits and challenges you may encounter.…Remember, as we discussed,…you can start and stop at any time.…So, even if you just want to satisfy your curiosity,…it might be worth it to apply for an on-demand job.…If you find you like this sort of work,…and are getting serious with it,…I suggest checking out…some of the business courses at Lynda.com,…to learn things like Finance Essentials for Small Businesses…Creating Business Budgets with Excel,…Income Tax Fundamentals, and Communication Tips.…
To help you out, we've created a playlist of these,…and other courses that you might find useful.…But that does it for now.…So, until next time, I'm Garrick Chow,…and we'll see you soon.…
Garrick Chow explains the basic structures of the on-demand economy and the skills and characteristics of successful on-demanders, so you can determine if on-demand work is the right fit for you. Then learn about the time commitment and expectations around pay, what the employer provides, and what one can expect from clients. Garrick then discusses tools to keep you organized, including how to best track income and expenses.
Finally, the course offers tips and tricks and a case study based on the author's firsthand experience as an Uber driver.
- Preparing to work on demand
- Managing expectations from on-demand clients
- Tracking expenses and mileage
- Optimizing your income
- Getting support online
- Case study: Becoming an Uber driver
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 05/26/2017. What changed?
A: A new video was added that explains how to optimize your LinkedIn profile for on-demand work.