Learn how to add an interactive that links to an external URL.
- [Instructor] Interactions don't necessarily always have to be used for, well, navigation. Moving between pages in an application or a site. So what we're going to do here is we're going to show people where Aguasaban Falls in Terrace Bay is located because Marilyn's been chattering away about it. So we're going to add an interactive link. Now this project came in from Sketch so the text got flattened, but if you were to actually add the text in, you could just select what you want and then link to it. But we're going to use the hotspots.
So we're going to take our hotspot, then we'll come over. We're going to add it to the text and we're going to add new interaction and we're going to say what will happen, well we're going to go somewhere. And that somewhere is a URL and I'm going to paste it in and then show you where it is. So we'll just come back here. We're going to www.terracebay.ca visiting attractions Aguasaban Falls, Aguasaban-Falls.
And once you've got that done, you can choose to open it in a new window or you can just say just going to link to it right from this page. So you click add and you see the little lightening bolt there so it tells me I've got the interactivity added. So let's go up to preview and see if we go there. So the player opens up and yep, you'll see the cursor change and if we click it, we got to Aguasaban Falls. Okay so let's kick back here. So I'm just going to close that.
So there you go, there's how you can add external links for navigation, not that hard to do. You can add them to text or any element on the page for that matter and all you need to do is just add the interaction which is go to URL, copy or paste the URL in there, click save and you're good to go.
- Importing artboards from Photoshop and Sketch
- Adding interactivity
- Adding animations
- Designing responsive sites
- Sharing prototypes with stakeholders
- Creating image carousels
- Create slide-in menus
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The UXPin Interface
2. Build an iOS Project
3. Import Photoshop and Sketch Files
4. Adding Interactivity and Animation
5. Building Components
6. Sharing and Collaboration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.