Twitter lists are an easy way to organize Twitter users into categories and keep tabs on their tweets. What's great about Twitter lists is you can use them to see tweets from people without having to actually follow the user. These are extremely helpful if you'd like to aggregate new sources, keep tabs on your competitors or maintain a list of friends and family without following them as your business account. This movie explores how to build and maintain a twitter list.
- [Voiceover] Twitter lists are an easy way…to organize Twitter users into categories…and keep tabs on their tweets.…What's great about Twitter lists…is you can use them to see tweets from people…without having to actually follow the user.…These are extremely helpful…if you'd like to aggregate news sources,…keep tabs on your competitors,…or maintain a list of friends and family…without following them as your business account.…Think of a list as a curated newsfeed.…You'll create a list…and that list will have its own content feed.…
You can have multiple lists…and each list can have multiple followers within it.…So, the easiest way to create a list…is to choose an account that you want to add to it.…So, let's say that I search here on Twitter for Lynda.…I'll select Lynda from the drop-down menu that appears.…From Lynda's twitter page,…I'll choose the gear icon on the right hand side,…and choose Add or Remove from Lists.…Now, since I don't have a list to add Lynda to,…we'll need to create one.…So, I'll choose Create a List, from the button that appears,…
Learn how to create a great username and profile, define your brand personality, and begin tweeting. Discover how to use Twitter to generate leads and track the impact of each tweet so you can determine what's working and what's not. Find out how to integrate Twitter into your website, create an advertising account, and measure the results of promoted tweets and accounts.
Need help managing your Twitter efforts? Learn the best tools for monitoring your feed and scheduling tweets. Plus, get tips for extending special offers on Twitter and tracking your results with Google Analytics.
- Signing up for Twitter
- Choosing a username
- Building brand presences with an effective profile, photos, and bio
- Following others
- Exploring hashtags
- Crafting great tweets
- Adding photos and video to tweets
- Scheduling tweets
- Searching for potential clients
- Advertising on Twitter
- Using third-party Twitter-management tools
- Creating compelling offers
- Tracking Twitter via Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding photos and videos to a tweet, and searching for potential clients.