Social selling is an important part of today's sales landscape. This video provides an overview of social selling on Twitter, explaining why it works and what success looks like.
- [Narrator] According to Statista, in 2016, 78% of Americans had a social media profile. As you can see, social media is here to stay and we are just scratching the surface. As you go about your day, it's not that hard to spot somebody who isn't checking their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, or other social media channel to communicate, learn, and network, or simply stay up to date with the world. The good news is that with so many people using social media, including your potential buyers or people who influence your buyers, I cannot think of a better time to embed social selling into your daily sales cadence.
There are still so many sales teams and professionals that still rely 100% on cold calling or cold emailing in order to land new business. This is where you can have a competitive advantage. If you adapt and change, you'll increase your chances of winning in the game of sales. So, I've been saying this for years, Twitter is still an untapped source for selling that is just waiting to be mined. The reason why most sales professionals haven't used Twitter for sales is simply because they haven't had the guidance of a serious social selling program and they haven't taken social media seriously.
They still see Twitter as a place where young boys and girls spend their time on, and as a place to talk about sports or politics, but that's not the case anymore. Having said that, here are a few reasons why social selling is here to stay. First, "75% of B2B buyers now use social media "to be more informed on vendors," and "5.4 people are now involved in the average "B2B buying decision," process. And finally, "90% of decision makers say they never respond "to cold outreach." If you're ready to take your sales game to a whole new level, this course is for you.
This is course is also for anybody in sales, marketing, or business development. By the end of this course, you'll have strategies you need to find prospects, engage and connect with them, and ultimately close more deals. A good friend and business mentor of mine once told me that doing something and getting it wrong at least 10 times is way more productive than doing nothing, so let's get started.
- Crafting an extraordinary buyer-centric Twitter profile
- Sharing content and updates on Twitter
- Finding your buyers on Twitter
- Listening to your buyers
- Engaging with your buyers on Twitter
- Adding value to your buyers
- Accelerating the engagement process with tools and apps
- Asking your buyers for a commitment
- Tracking social selling success on Twitter