In this video, learn why it is so important to promote your chat across Twitter, social media, and elsewhere to drive participation. Promotion of a Twitter chat requires more effort in the beginning, but over time, you can build momentum and have your audience help to promote it. One of the best ways to initially drive users to join in on your chat is sending them personal reminders on Twitter.
- [Voiceover] The saying, "if you build it, they will come,"…isn't a statement that you should rely on in marketing,…especially when running a Twitter chat.…A Twitter chat requires promotion in order to thrive…week to week.…Refresh the memory of your audience on a regular basis…about the existence of your Twitter chat as well as the…guests and topic for each week to help keep it top of mind.…Driving attention to you chat will be the most difficult in…the beginning as your starting a new discussion amongst…thousands already occurring every day on Twitter.…Once you've built momentum with your chat, participants…will willingly spread word of each session and…your promotional efforts will be able to…scale down slightly.…
But before that happens, make a conscious effort…to tweet about each upcoming session of your Twitter chat.…With each tweet include the hashtag, when it's happening,…any guests that are coming, and the topic open…for discussion that week or month.…For example, a few tweets are sent our prior to each of…
- Define a theme, goals, and an audience for Twitter chats.
- Examine how to choose quests and prepare them ahead of time for a Twitter chat.
- Identify ways to promote a Twitter chat such as sharing a chat across other channels and sending event reminders.
- Explore how to participate in other relevant Twitter chats.
- Recognize how to analyze ways to measure success using metrics and other methods.