Learn how to choose the right hashtag, which serves as the name of the chat and the way of organizing all conversations related to the chat and its theme. The ideal hashtag clearly identifies either who's running the chat or the theme of the chat at a glance, informing new participants about its focus.
- [Instructor] Simple, relevant, and memorable,…that's what you're looking for when…choosing a hashtag for your Twitter chat.…Standing out amongst the noise on Twitter isn't easy.…The right hashtag can make or break your chat,…as it's both the means of organizing all tweets…associated with the chat as well as a way to promote it.…Selecting the right hashtag is important…because it acts as the title of the chat,…it is not easy to change once it's in use.…Think of a Twitter chat's hashtag as the title of a book,…as it describes the focus of a chat.…
You can change the title of a book…after it's been published, but it's confusing to readers.…Same goes for Twitter chats.…Stick with the hashtag that…you start with for clarity's sake.…When considering what hashtag to choose,…start with something simple and concise…with as few words as possible.…The hashtag should only be two to three words max,…preferably including the word chat in the hashtag itself.…Aim for something that's easy to remember…and understandable at a glance.…
- Define a theme, goals, and an audience for Twitter chats.
- Examine how to choose quests and prepare them ahead of time for a Twitter chat.
- Identify ways to promote a Twitter chat such as sharing a chat across other channels and sending event reminders.
- Explore how to participate in other relevant Twitter chats.
- Recognize how to analyze ways to measure success using metrics and other methods.