In this tutorial, learn how to promote your chat by being active on Twitter and on other relevant Twitter chats. Understand why your Twitter account needs to be active outside of your chat by participating in other chats to become part of the greater Twitter community. Finally, learn how to partner with another Twitter chat in a similar time slot.
- You're not going to go far on Twitter…without relying on the support of others.…Which makes sense considering Twitter is a social network…focused around facilitating one to one relationships.…To see your chat succeed, your organization must be…consistently active on Twitter…and participate in other relevant Twitter chats.…Hosting a Twitter chat from an account…that isn't actively Tweeting…and communicating with others…is like holding a concert in an empty stadium.…All the components of a strong chat might be there,…but if no one is listening or participating,…then you don't have a chat.…
To prevent this from being the case,…you've got to be genuinely active on Twitter.…Begin by sharing relevant content,…starting discussions with others in the industry,…joining in on existing conversations…and sharing what is happening with your organization.…It is certainly not an overnight transformation,…as it takes time to be consistent…and start to have an ongoing dialogue on Twitter.…The point of being consistent with your use of Twitter…
- Define a theme, goals, and an audience for Twitter chats.
- Examine how to choose quests and prepare them ahead of time for a Twitter chat.
- Identify ways to promote a Twitter chat such as sharing a chat across other channels and sending event reminders.
- Explore how to participate in other relevant Twitter chats.
- Recognize how to analyze ways to measure success using metrics and other methods.