In this tutorial, learn which metrics are worth monitoring after every Twitter chat session, why it is important to measure in the first place, and the most effective tools for monitoring chat performance from week to week. Without learning how to measure your Twitter chat, it is difficult to improve and increase results over time.
- [Narrator] Trending on Twitter shouldn't be…your only goal.…The success of your Twitter chat should be determined…by monitoring different metrics that tie back…to your business objectives.…Measuring the success of a Twitter chat helps provide…your team with insights as to how the chat is performing,…and how to improve it for the long term.…If you neglect to measure the results…of your different chat sessions,…you'll miss out on an opportunity…to identify what is working, and what isn't.…What has the biggest impact on your chat?…The topic chosen?…Visuals used?…Guests that attended?…Don't know?…Well you won't be able to find out so easily,…without first measuring each session of the chat.…
Now, start by listing what your goals are for the chat,…whether it's building an audience,…driving leads, increasing awareness, et cetera,…and pair these goals with the right metrics.…As a quick reference point, metrics are the units of measure…that allow you to understand your progress…in achieving a particular goal.…Here are some of the leading metrics worth measuring…
- Define a theme, goals, and an audience for Twitter chats.
- Examine how to choose quests and prepare them ahead of time for a Twitter chat.
- Identify ways to promote a Twitter chat such as sharing a chat across other channels and sending event reminders.
- Explore how to participate in other relevant Twitter chats.
- Recognize how to analyze ways to measure success using metrics and other methods.