The most important Twitter chat features to understand are the ones that help you form a one-to-one dialogue with your audience. Learn the key features of a chat such as using a hashtag and welcoming participants to the chat. In addition, learn how to share questions with participants, review answers, and respond to participants.
- Details matter, especially when it comes…to running a productive Twitter chat.…The hashtag is an essential feature of a Twitter chat…as its inclusion within a tweet identifies it…as a part of the overall conversation.…Include your chats hashtag…with every tweet related to the chat…to bring each one into the discussion.…Saying hello is the typical start to most conversations…and a Twitter chat is no exception.…As the host of a Twitter Chat…begin each weekly or monthly chat…by welcoming participants and announcing any guests,…if anyone in particular was invited to answer questions.…
Send Tweets welcoming the group as a whole…but also say "hello" to individuals…to add one-to-one discussions to the opening of your chat.…Greetings aside, creating and sharing questions…with chat participants is also…the responsibility of the host.…Share five to 10 questions per chat…spread throughout the hour as the chat is happening…to encourage responses from your audience.…Every question should relate back to the topic of the chat…
- Define a theme, goals, and an audience for Twitter chats.
- Examine how to choose quests and prepare them ahead of time for a Twitter chat.
- Identify ways to promote a Twitter chat such as sharing a chat across other channels and sending event reminders.
- Explore how to participate in other relevant Twitter chats.
- Recognize how to analyze ways to measure success using metrics and other methods.