When you follow someone, you're making it known that you’re interested in what they have to say. It’s a subtle-endorsement of sorts. Following a person or a brand on Twitter is also a great way to interact with the community. This movie reviews how and why to follow others on Twitter.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Once you have a rock solid profile,…it's tempting to start tweeting right away,…but before you dive in, it's a good idea…to explore what other businesses similar to yours…are doing on Twitter.…Take a minute to catalog what they're doing well,…what they might've done wrong,…and the level of responsiveness from their audience.…Next, you'll want to follow a core group of users.…As a business, who you follow is just as much…part of your brand as what you tweet.…When you follow someone,…you're making it known that you're interested…in what they have to say.…
It's a subtle endorsement of sorts.…Now, with a personal Twitter profile,…we're often a lot less strict with who we follow.…We might follow a politically charged profile…because we appreciate the perspective.…We may also follow things…that we don't necessarily agree with or align with,…but find value in staying connected to.…As a business, it's better to put things…through the perspectives of your audience.…You might not want your business…to be aligned with a political agenda,…
Learn how to create a great username and profile, define your brand personality, and begin tweeting. Discover how to use Twitter to generate leads and track the impact of each tweet so you can determine what's working and what's not. Find out how to integrate Twitter into your website, create an advertising account, and measure the results of promoted tweets and accounts.
Need help managing your Twitter efforts? Learn the best tools for monitoring your feed and scheduling tweets. Plus, get tips for extending special offers on Twitter and tracking your results with Google Analytics.
- Signing up for Twitter
- Choosing a username
- Building brand presences with an effective profile, photos, and bio
- Following others
- Exploring hashtags
- Crafting great tweets
- Adding photos and video to tweets
- Scheduling tweets
- Searching for potential clients
- Advertising on Twitter
- Using third-party Twitter-management tools
- Creating compelling offers
- Tracking Twitter via Google Analytics