Hashtags are a way to explore concepts, find new information, and increase the reach of your tweet. Many conversations on Twitter involve a hashtag, especially those that are meant for a larger audience. It's a unique way of categorizing content. By applying a hashtag you are essentially linking your tweet to a particular term, and this term might be specific to a brand, a marketing campaign, an event, or even a location.
- [Voiceover] Hashtags are way to explore concepts,…find new information, and increase the reach of your tweet.…Many conversations on Twitter involve a hashtag,…especially those that are meant for a larger audience.…It's a unique way of categorizing content.…By applying a hashtag,…you're essentially linking your tweet…to a particular term.…This term might be specific to a brand,…a marketing campaign, an event,…or even a location.…Hashtags are really a great way…to increase the discoverability of content on Twitter.…
When someone searches for a particular term…or come across a hashtag that is of interest,…they can click on it.…To show you what I mean,…I'm going to scroll down here on our Twitter profile page.…Well, on the right hand side, we can see some trends,…and all of these trends are associated with a hashtag.…So, here, we have #MarchMood, #EasterWeekend,…#90sABook, and #LeadersDebate.…These are all trends and large conversations…where individual tweets are being tagged…with this particular hashtag.…
That allows people to look at and participate…
Learn how to create a great username and profile, define your brand personality, and begin tweeting. Discover how to use Twitter to generate leads and track the impact of each tweet so you can determine what's working and what's not. Find out how to integrate Twitter into your website, create an advertising account, and measure the results of promoted tweets and accounts.
Need help managing your Twitter efforts? Learn the best tools for monitoring your feed and scheduling tweets. Plus, get tips for extending special offers on Twitter and tracking your results with Google Analytics.
- Signing up for Twitter
- Choosing a username
- Building brand presences with an effective profile, photos, and bio
- Following others
- Exploring hashtags
- Crafting great tweets
- Adding photos and video to tweets
- Scheduling tweets
- Searching for potential clients
- Advertising on Twitter
- Using third-party Twitter-management tools
- Creating compelling offers
- Tracking Twitter via Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Twitter
2. Create an Effective Profile
5. Generate Leads
Use the lead generation card8m 51s
Measure advertising impact1m 55s
8. Manage Your Daily Efforts
9. Marketing Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.