A huge motivation for fans to follow businesses on Twitter is to capture special offers. And this works best for businesses that receive a benefit to repeat purchases. Or maybe have a long lead time to converting a customer. The keys to a compelling offer are its valuable, novel, urgent and thematic.
- [Voiceover] A huge motivation for fans…to follow businesses on Twitter…is to capture special offers,…and this works best for businesses…that receive a benefit to repeat purchases,…or maybe have a long lead time to converting a customer.…The keys to a compelling offer are that it's valuable,…novel, urgent, and thematic.…For a follower to act on an offer,…they have to feel like it's a great value.…It's got to be good enough that they'll…share it with excitement because they think they've…stumbled onto a goldmine.…
The win here is that they think…they're getting the better end of the stick.…They want to win, so make it feel like a real win.…The offer also has to be something…they can't find on the web,…and it should be exclusive to Twitter.…That's where the novelty comes in.…If you can always find a 10% off coupon on your website,…offering 10% off through Twitter isn't really novel.…The same goes with a free e-book or a white paper.…Knowing that novel offers pop up on Twitter…encourages followers to stay engaged.…
Learn how to create a great username and profile, define your brand personality, and begin tweeting. Discover how to use Twitter to generate leads and track the impact of each tweet so you can determine what's working and what's not. Find out how to integrate Twitter into your website, create an advertising account, and measure the results of promoted tweets and accounts.
Need help managing your Twitter efforts? Learn the best tools for monitoring your feed and scheduling tweets. Plus, get tips for extending special offers on Twitter and tracking your results with Google Analytics.
- Signing up for Twitter
- Choosing a username
- Building brand presences with an effective profile, photos, and bio
- Following others
- Exploring hashtags
- Crafting great tweets
- Adding photos and video to tweets
- Scheduling tweets
- Searching for potential clients
- Advertising on Twitter
- Using third-party Twitter-management tools
- Creating compelling offers
- Tracking Twitter via Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding photos and videos to a tweet, and searching for potential clients.