As a business, you'll be balancing tweets that maintain your community and tweets that are promotional in nature. Just as you have a marketing objective for your Twitter account in general, I encourage you to have an objective for each tweet.
- [Voiceover] As a business,…you'll be balancing tweets that maintain your community…and tweets that are promotional in nature.…Just as you have a marketing objective…for your Twitter account in general,…I encourage you to have an objective for each tweet.…What's the goal?…A goal might be to drive traffic to your website,…to encourage signups for an event,…or to earn retweets to expand the reach of your brand.…The start to crafting a great tweet…is to first identify this goal.…Next, decide what call to action is necessary…to achieve that goal.…
This might be including a link to your website or event,…along with copy that motivates a click,…or it might be asking for a retweet…and providing an incentive or inspirational reason to do so.…Once you know what your call to action is,…you can work to weave it into a message…that a follower will engage with.…People are more likely to share…and respond to tweets that inspire or entertain them,…solve a problem, or answer a difficult question.…Including a photo or a video…
Learn how to create a great username and profile, define your brand personality, and begin tweeting. Discover how to use Twitter to generate leads and track the impact of each tweet so you can determine what's working and what's not. Find out how to integrate Twitter into your website, create an advertising account, and measure the results of promoted tweets and accounts.
Need help managing your Twitter efforts? Learn the best tools for monitoring your feed and scheduling tweets. Plus, get tips for extending special offers on Twitter and tracking your results with Google Analytics.
- Signing up for Twitter
- Choosing a username
- Building brand presences with an effective profile, photos, and bio
- Following others
- Exploring hashtags
- Crafting great tweets
- Adding photos and video to tweets
- Scheduling tweets
- Searching for potential clients
- Advertising on Twitter
- Using third-party Twitter-management tools
- Creating compelling offers
- Tracking Twitter via Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding photos and videos to a tweet, and searching for potential clients.
1. Get Started with Twitter
2. Create an Effective Profile
5. Generate Leads
Measure advertising impact1m 55s
8. Manage Your Daily Efforts
9. Marketing Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.