Twitter has an integration that allows you to import your e-mail contacts as a way to see which of your contacts are currently on Twitter. This movie reviews how to import your contacts but also discusses ways to use this system to identify the twitter handles of your customers.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] For personal brands,…it can be extremely valuable to connect on Twitter…with your colleagues.…This not only lets them become aware…that you're present on Twitter,…but it also allows you to join in on the…conversations that they're already having.…It can be cumbersome trying to parse out…the Twitter handles of your contacts manually,…so Twitter has developed a tool…that lets you match contacts from your…e-mail address book to their handles on Twitter.…Now, you'll only be able to find and follow…contacts that have opted in to allow others…to find them by e-mail,…but to be honest, it's a pretty good match rate.…
I should point out that this feature isn't particularly…useful if you're promoting a traditional…business brand,…one where following your contacts…is not necessarily going to provide you much benefit.…I know what you're thinking,…"but what about the list of my current customers?"…Well, that can be useful,…but not in the way that Twitter allows.…Twitter is only going to provide you…with the option to follow your existing contacts.…
Learn how to create a great username and profile, define your brand personality, and begin tweeting. Discover how to use Twitter to generate leads and track the impact of each tweet so you can determine what's working and what's not. Find out how to integrate Twitter into your website, create an advertising account, and measure the results of promoted tweets and accounts.
Need help managing your Twitter efforts? Learn the best tools for monitoring your feed and scheduling tweets. Plus, get tips for extending special offers on Twitter and tracking your results with Google Analytics.
- Signing up for Twitter
- Choosing a username
- Building brand presences with an effective profile, photos, and bio
- Following others
- Exploring hashtags
- Crafting great tweets
- Adding photos and video to tweets
- Scheduling tweets
- Searching for potential clients
- Advertising on Twitter
- Using third-party Twitter-management tools
- Creating compelling offers
- Tracking Twitter via Google Analytics