The most important element of twitter is the username. Learn how to select a twitter username for your business and explore several best practices.
- [Voiceover] One of the most important elements…of Twitter is the username.…And the username is how people…will interact with your business.…So you'll want to take time to secure an appropriate one,…because much of your success is going to hinge,…specifically, on this name.…Now, for most brands, this is easy.…You'll just use your company name.…But what if that's not available?…Or your name is to long?…Or not descriptive enough?…For that, I want to talk through all the dos and don'ts…of a username.…Oh, and one more thing before we get started.…
If you already have a Twitter username that you're not…completely sold on, you can change it,…and I'll show you how later on in this course.…So, first things first, it's important to make…your Twitter handle something relevant to your brand.…I'd stray away from anything random,…and instead, pick something specific.…Now I would avoid using your personal name,…unless you are the brand or the key focus of the business.…Now before we get too far into talking…about names, I want to show you some examples…
Learn how to create a great username and profile, define your brand personality, and begin tweeting. Discover how to use Twitter to generate leads and track the impact of each tweet so you can determine what's working and what's not. Find out how to integrate Twitter into your website, create an advertising account, and measure the results of promoted tweets and accounts.
Need help managing your Twitter efforts? Learn the best tools for monitoring your feed and scheduling tweets. Plus, get tips for extending special offers on Twitter and tracking your results with Google Analytics.
- Signing up for Twitter
- Choosing a username
- Building brand presences with an effective profile, photos, and bio
- Following others
- Exploring hashtags
- Crafting great tweets
- Adding photos and video to tweets
- Scheduling tweets
- Searching for potential clients
- Advertising on Twitter
- Using third-party Twitter-management tools
- Creating compelling offers
- Tracking Twitter via Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding photos and videos to a tweet, and searching for potential clients.
1. Get Started with Twitter
2. Create an Effective Profile
5. Generate Leads
Measure advertising impact1m 55s
8. Manage Your Daily Efforts
9. Marketing Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.