Learn how and why to include guests in your chat and how to best prepare them ahead of every chat session. Including guests on a Twitter chat is a strategic way to add variety to the discussions happening on a given chat, as well as a means of further promoting it to a wider audience on Twitter. Search for guests that have a similar audience on Twitter and use the network consistently to connect with others.
- [Narrator] A little bit of variety never hurts.…Including a new guest every session of your Twitter chat…offers a new perspective and tone to the chat,…keeping the attention of participants…and bringing in new people to follow along.…Having guests in your chat builds relationships…with noteworthy voices across industries,…which is one of the biggest benefits.…Choosing the right guests to have on your chat…helps provide expertise on a subject…you as the host may not be able to cover in such depth.…And guests can drive added visibility and credibility…by exposing their audience, on Twitter, to your chat.…
Don't choose just anyone to be a guest on your chat though.…It's important to make a smart, strategic decision…with every guest included.…A guest could be a person, brand or company.…You are first looking for subject matter experts…on the topic your chat is covering on a particular session.…What's most important is that…they are an authority on the topic…and really know what they are talking about.…Conduct some searches on Twitter and Google…
- Define a theme, goals, and an audience for Twitter chats.
- Examine how to choose quests and prepare them ahead of time for a Twitter chat.
- Identify ways to promote a Twitter chat such as sharing a chat across other channels and sending event reminders.
- Explore how to participate in other relevant Twitter chats.
- Recognize how to analyze ways to measure success using metrics and other methods.