Before you start growing your Twitter fan base, you'll want to spend some time setting up your photo and header image. Together, we’ll walk through the process of selecting great imagery, and uploading it to your profile.
- [Voiceover] Before you start growing your Twitter fan base…you'll want to spend some time…setting up your photo and header image.…Together, we're going to walk through the process…of selecting great imagery and uploading it to your profile.…And we'll start first by changing our profile photo.…Now, your profile photo is also the thumbnail…that displays next to every tweet you publish.…You can see an example of this,…as I scroll down the news feed,…by seeing every photo next to the Twitter name.…As I continue down, we see here that…Red30 Design is using their logo…and that appears right there in that thumbnail image.…
The profile photo is arguably the most important…visual element of your Twitter profile.…When paired alongside your handle,…it provides immediate brand visibility.…As users scroll through their feed, as I'm doing here,…they'll most likely be able to recognize your profile photo…before they notice your handle.…And as a business,…you'll usually want to use your logo for this.…However, it's important to remember that…
Learn how to create a great username and profile, define your brand personality, and begin tweeting. Discover how to use Twitter to generate leads and track the impact of each tweet so you can determine what's working and what's not. Find out how to integrate Twitter into your website, create an advertising account, and measure the results of promoted tweets and accounts.
Need help managing your Twitter efforts? Learn the best tools for monitoring your feed and scheduling tweets. Plus, get tips for extending special offers on Twitter and tracking your results with Google Analytics.
- Signing up for Twitter
- Choosing a username
- Building brand presences with an effective profile, photos, and bio
- Following others
- Exploring hashtags
- Crafting great tweets
- Adding photos and video to tweets
- Scheduling tweets
- Searching for potential clients
- Advertising on Twitter
- Using third-party Twitter-management tools
- Creating compelling offers
- Tracking Twitter via Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding photos and videos to a tweet, and searching for potential clients.
1. Get Started with Twitter
2. Create an Effective Profile
5. Generate Leads
Search for potential clients6m 23s
Measure advertising impact1m 55s
8. Manage Your Daily Efforts
9. Marketing Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.