Twitter has a suite of embeddable buttons allowing users to quickly share link, hashtags, follow users and mention an account directly from any page on your website. You can integrate these buttons with some basic HTML.
- [Voiceover] Twitter has a suite of embeddable buttons…allowing users to quickly share links, hashtags,…follow users, and mention an account…directly from any page on your website.…Now to take advantage of these integrations,…you'll need a basic understanding of HTML…and have the ability to manually update your website.…If you're using WordPress, you can include the code…by using the text view or Code Insert tool.…So, let's start by taking a look at the Twitter buttons.…Now, I really recommend using the button generator,…which is available at…about.twitter.com/resources/buttons.…
With this tool, it makes it really easy…to create the exact integration you're looking for.…Now, if you're technically advanced…and want a complete range of customizations,…you can read more about buttons at dev.twitter.com.…So on this page, we're provided with four button options:…Share a link, Follow, Hashtag, and Mention.…Under each option is a small preview…of how that button will look…once it's integrated on your website.…And each button has a unique action associated with it.…
Learn how to create a great username and profile, define your brand personality, and begin tweeting. Discover how to use Twitter to generate leads and track the impact of each tweet so you can determine what's working and what's not. Find out how to integrate Twitter into your website, create an advertising account, and measure the results of promoted tweets and accounts.
Need help managing your Twitter efforts? Learn the best tools for monitoring your feed and scheduling tweets. Plus, get tips for extending special offers on Twitter and tracking your results with Google Analytics.
- Signing up for Twitter
- Choosing a username
- Building brand presences with an effective profile, photos, and bio
- Following others
- Exploring hashtags
- Crafting great tweets
- Adding photos and video to tweets
- Scheduling tweets
- Searching for potential clients
- Advertising on Twitter
- Using third-party Twitter-management tools
- Creating compelling offers
- Tracking Twitter via Google Analytics
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding photos and videos to a tweet, and searching for potential clients.