- [Instructor] Once you've signed into your Trello account this is going to be your homepage. Now it's time to jump in and start creating your very first board. Because boards are where all of the action happens. Once you learn how to create a board I'm then going to move into creating lists and cards within your first board. Now if you can create a board, a list and a card, then the sky is literally the limit with what you can do with Trello. So starting here at our home page, what we're going to want to do is you can either go to the first untitled board, or you can create a new board.
So I'm going to show you how to create your first new board. We're going to click the Boards tab. You can see that this is going to be an index of your recent boards, of your personal boards, and as you create teams, you're also going to have team listed boards as well. But we're going to get into that later in the course. So for now all we're going to do is we're going to create a new board. You're going to add the title of the board, and we're just going to call this a Sample Board. You have the option to make this board either private or public, meaning when it's private only you can see it, and your team members can see it.
When it's public, you can provide a URL so other people can see the contents on the board, even if they're not members and even they're not logged into Trello, it's also available via search engines like Google. So for now we're just going to choose Private. And you also have the option to choose a background but for now I'm just going to choose a simple blue background, and we're going to create our first board. Now you'll see that it already prompts you to add a list and then it's also going to prompt you to add a card. For now what I'm going to do is just remove the menus so you can see anytime you want to get into the menu, you can click Show Menu, click the X to get rid of it.
So just so we have more space I'm going to remove the menu for now and we're going to add our first list, and this is going to be List #1. You can see that it's now going to move down vertically and prompt you for your first card. For now, I'm just going to add a couple more lists. A List #2, and then click on here, and we're going to create List #3. Then what I'm going to do is I'm going to add my first cards. So we're going to call this Your First Card. It will then prompt you immediately to add another title for another card.
So you can see this is a very quick process if you want to add multiple cards. So we're going to do Your Second Card, and then Your Third Card. You can see the way that Trello's laid out, is you have Lists going across horizontally, and your cards going down vertically. So there you go. You now know everything necessary to get started and organize your projects with Trello. It is literally that simple. However, it may only take a few minutes to get started but it is going to take you a lifetime to master Trello.
Getting Things Done® is a registered trademark of the David Allen Company.
- Building teams in Trello
- Understanding the anatomy of a Trello card and board
- Managing notifications
- Linking cards and boards
- Forwarding to cards and boards
- Assigning due dates and calendars
- Cleaning up complete and unused cards, lists, and boards
- Bonus tips for project management on Trello