- What is lean software development?
- Eliminating waste
- Building quality in
- Committing as late as possible
- Learning and solving problems
- Delivering fast and frequently
- Respecting others
- Advocating for lean leadership
Skill Level Beginner
- One of the most common complaints about software development teams is that they are slow. There are many reasons that complaint might between true, but laziness or aptitude of the team is usually not the cause. Lean software development offers a new mindset for how to approach work, and it provides a set of principles to help teams deliver value efficiently and sustainably. Lean teams aim to work quickly but don't sacrifice future capability just for the sake of speed. They know that delivering poor quality code or working employees to the bone are not acceptable trade offs. Instead, they work to identify and deeply understand both the needs of the customer and business goals, as well as the end to end process required to meet those needs. When done without damaging short term trade offs, this makes the business thrive. My name is Julia Wester, and I love helping organizations achieve their success using lean principles. Let's get started on this journey together.