Tor Browser users must take precautions to protect their identity. In this video, Mike Chapple explains what eavesdroppers observing Tor traffic may learn and how to protect your identity while surfing the web. anonymously.
- [Instructor] Tor does an excellent job at preserving … the anonymity of web users, but there are some safeguards … that Tor users must take in order to remain anonymous. … First, you should know that Tor only provides encryption … within the Tor network. … You're responsible for ensuring that the connection … between the Tor exit node, and the destination server … is also encrypted. … The easiest way to do this is to use … the HTTPS Everywhere extension in Tor. … I'm back in the Tor browser, and I want you to notice … the icon with a white s on a blue background. … That's the HTTPS Everywhere extension. … If I click it, you can see that HTTPS Everywhere … is enabled by default in the Tor browser. … This extension performs a simple but important job. … If you type the unencrypted HTTP address of a website … into the Tor browser, HTTPS Everywhere … changes it to use an HTTPS connection, … if the website supports encryption. … This protects you from eavesdropping, … if someone monitors the traffic leaving the Tor exit node. …
- What is the dark web and who uses it?
- The purpose of the Tor Browser
- Cryptography and perfect forward secrecy
- Installing the Tor Browser
- Accessing the standard internet with the Tor Browser
- Safeguarding privacy on Tor
- The role of hidden servers on the dark web
- Locating and accessing hidden websites
- Vulnerabilities in Tor