Installing the Tor Browser is the first step toward getting on the dark web. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the process for installing the Tor Browser.
- [Instructor] The easiest way to use Tor … is by installing the Tor browser on your system. … The Tor browser is a modified version … of Mozilla Firefox that is designed to create Tor circuits … and then route web traffic through them. … The Tor browser is available … for all major operating systems … and may be downloaded from the Tor project website. … I'm using Microsoft Windows on this system so I'm going … to click the Windows icon and this automatically … begins the download process for the Tor browser. … Once that completes I'm just going to run the installer, … select my language of English … and then walk through the installation process. … I'm just going to install this … in the administrator folder and Tor goes ahead … and packs all the components necessary to run Tor. … When that completes I'm going … to choose the option here not … to run the Tor browser just yet we'll do that … in moment but I would like … to add start menu and desktop shortcuts. … So let's go ahead and close our regular browser …
- What is the dark web and who uses it?
- The purpose of the Tor Browser
- Cryptography and perfect forward secrecy
- Installing the Tor Browser
- Accessing the standard internet with the Tor Browser
- Safeguarding privacy on Tor
- The role of hidden servers on the dark web
- Locating and accessing hidden websites
- Vulnerabilities in Tor