In this video, get an overview of what you need to know in preparation for this course.
- [Instructor] This is a course about Tomcat. Being familiar with programming in Java will help, but it's not required. You'll need to have some basic Linux system administration skills, and be comfortable working on the command-line and with command-line text editors. It would also be helpful if you were familiar with modern web app architecture, and software development in general. If you've already worked with Java and Windows, you could probably adapt this content to work on a Windows server, but I won't be covering that. Java web app development is a huge topic, and we'll be specifically trying to avoid getting sidetracked into those details. If you'd like to learn more about that topic, there is a ton of great content in the library. I'd especially recommend the Spring Boot courses as a place to get started with the website of Java development.
- What is Tomcat?
- Java servlets
- Creating your first Tomcat application
- Configuration settings for Tomcat logs
- Reading Tomcat logs
- Encrypting web traffic with Tomcat
- Deploying a web app using Tomcat Manager