Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting custom application properties, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Application properties are used to store data that needs to persist from one app…session to the next.…Here, a session is when an app is opened, runs and then fully closes, and…it's not multitasking.…Starting with app.js file in the 09- 01 folder of the exercise files, I have…created a window with a label and a button.…I will add a click EventListener to the button.…For the callback function I will test for a custom property that will test to…see if the app has run before.…
If it hasn't, I will set the property and display feedback in the label.…If it has, I will display feedback in the label that consists of another…custom property set on firstRun.…I will use the hasProperty method of the Properties module to test if my…custom property exists.…Notice the exclamation point before the call of this method.…This means I am checking for the false condition.…If the result of the test is false, this is the first run of the application.…Using the setBool method of the Properties module, I will set a custom…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.