Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving rows, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Starting with the app.js file, in the 05-09 folder of the exercise files, I'm…using the finished state of exercise 05-08.…To move a row the moving property of the tableView needs to be set to true.…Within the click event callback function, I'll change the editing property of…the tableView to moving, as well, I'll delete the code for Android.…
The moving property is only supported on iOS.…Now I'll change the delete listener to listen for move.…Within the callback function, I'll the change the editing property of the…tableView to moving.…The alert will show the new index for the row after it's been moved.…Let's take a look at the results in the Simulator.…Notice that by setting the moving property of the tableView to true, the row has…entered editing mode.…This means that I can follow through with row deletion if I wanted.…
After a row is moved, its new index is returned.…I've shown you how different properties and methods of the tableView can…enable row manipulation.…However, it's important to remember that with any row manipulation the…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.