Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video Grouping and nesting Views, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Similar to the use of the div tag in html, nested views are helpful in…providing block organization and positioning of visual elements within Windows…or other parent views.…Starting with the app.js file in the 02_ 05 folder of the exercise files, I have…created a new Window object.…Next, I will switch to the completed code and copy the code snippet for a new…view to be added to the Window object.…Now I'll add this view to the Window object.…
Once again, I'll switch to the completed code and copy some snippets to add to…the newly created view.…I will paste this code above line 16 with the views added to the Window.…At line 16, I've created an image view and at line 24, a label view.…Now I'll add these views to view01 by using view01 add method.…It's important to notice that the positioning of the label and image views is…relative to the parent view.…I will take a look at the results in the Simulator.…
I'll save the file and then the project in the Emulator.…The View is represented by the green background with the Image and Label…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.