Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video Examining Web View events and controls, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Titanium Mobile allows you to tightly control the appearance and navigation of…content within a webView.…This control includes methods for allowing forward and backward navigation of…the current browsing history within the webView.…Starting with the app.js file in the 07_ 02 folder of the exercise files, I have…created a window object with two buttons and a webView.…The URL property of the webView is set to the homepage for Explore California.…Also, the backButton and forwardButton are not showing.…There are three main events that a webView will fire.…
The before load event is fired before the webView begins loading it's content.…The load event is fired when the webView content is loaded.…The error event is fired when the webView is unable to load the content.…Adding EventListeners for all three of these events is no different than adding…EventListeners for other objects.…In this movie, I will only be using the load event.…I will create a load EventListener for the webView.…The can go back and can go forward methods of a webView return a…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.